Summer! It’s here! These are some of the things we’ve enjoyed seeing or places we plan to visit in the next months ahead. So many more places to list, add your own suggestions too!
We live in such a great city – filled with history, museums, sports, science, art, theater, beautiful parks and nature trails – make the most of it with your family this summer. You don’t have to go far to have fun, it’s all around us!
1. Houston Children’s Museum – http://www.cmhouston.org/ – incredible museum – your kids will not want to leave!
2. Houston Museum of Natural Science – http://www.hmns.org/ – see the Cockrell Butterfly Center, insects, and dinosaur exhibits!
3. The Health Museum – http://www.thehealthmuseum.org/ – this place looks amazing and interactive for kids.
4. Miller Outdoor Theater – http://milleroutdoortheatre.com/ – Check out their summer line up!!!
6. Space Center Houston – http://www.spacecenter.org/ – so interactive, lots to do and see there.
7. Discovery Green Park – http://www.discoverygreen.com/ – just an all around great park to visit!
8. Showboat Drive In Theater – http://www.theshowboatdrivein.com/ – family-friendly, love the drive in!
9. Color Me Mine Pottery – http://www.cypress.colormemine.com/ – make your own creative art pieces.
10. Trampoline Place – http://hou.jumpskyhigh.com/ – hours of fun and a great way to let your kids bounce of energy!
11. Battleship Texas & San Jacinto Monument and Battleground – http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/state-parks/battleshiptexas and http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/state-parks/san-jacinto-battleground – so much to explore.
12. Brazos Bend State Park – http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/state-parks/brazos-bend – alligators!!!
14. American Girl Store and Cafe – http://www.americangirl.com/stores/location_hou.php – so glad it came to Houston.
15. Kemah Boardwalk – http://www.kemahboardwalk.com/ – one of my favorite places – seafood, train, and we love to get a beignet when we’re there.
17. Armand Bayou Nature Center – http://www.abnc.org/ – Amazing place – miles of hiking trails and you can even take a guided canoe ride or pontoon boat tour through the area.
18. Aquarium Restaurant – Downtown and at Kemah too – http://www.aquariumrestaurants.com/downtownaquariumhouston/ – the stingrays up close are awesome.
19. Main Street Theater – http://www.mainstreettheater.com/youththeater/youththeater.html – great line up of kids theater shows!
20. Little Beakers Science Lab – http://www.littlebeakers.com/ – learn how to make snow, a rubber ball, slime, and watch an explosion – awesome fun for kids!
21. Bahama Bucks – just opened – it’s the absolute BEST. Take it from someone whose family has had a lot of snowcones. (: https://www.facebook.com/bbtx1239