So, you may have heard – as of today, the government has shut down. Deep breath. The sun still rose this morning. And, as far as we can tell, it will still set tonight.
Some truth in the midst of chaos and debate – God did not shut down. He’s still there, still open, still available, still in control, and not surprised by the headlines of today.
Leads me to remember that people – and the government – and not perfect. And, as much as we would like to believe it could be true, neither ever have all the answers.
I’m thankful that Someone does. And we can trust Him…fully.
10 verses we can believe to be true for today and everyday, great reminders that He is in control:
1. “Many are the plans in a person’s heart, but it is the Lord’s purpose that prevails.” Proverbs 19:21
2. “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” Jeremiah 29:11
3. “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9
4. “Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.” Matthew 6:34
5. ““For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,” declares the Lord, “as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.” Isaiah 55:8-9
6. “For dominion belongs to the Lord and he rules over the nations.” Psalm 22:28
7. “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” Isaiah 41:10
8. “I am He, I am He who will sustain you. I Have made you and I will carry you, I will sustain you and I will rescue you.” Isaiah 46:4
9. “Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned…do not be afraid, for I am with you.” Isaiah 43:1-2, 4
10. “The faithful love of the Lord never ends! His mercies never cease. Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each morning.
I say to myself, “The Lord is my inheritance; therefore, I will hope in him!” Lamentations 3:22-24
Leave a Reply