Here’s reality. Number 1 fear that moms struggle with today – “that something may happen to my children.” The truth is, no matter where we live, we can’t get away from this very sad fact – crime, wrong influences, danger – are everywhere around us in this world. And though we don’t need to walk in a spirit of fear, or allow its controlling grip to hold us trapped, we must walk in awareness of all that lingers around us. But here’s another truth. Most of what we worry about never even happens.
The balance is…focusing on what is true…giving our fears to God…letting go of our need for control…pressing in to trust Him more.
I’ve battled this fear, in my mind, in my spirit, over our children. Maybe you have too. Sometimes out of sheer desire to simply protect them from a world that is not always kind, or from people who would not have their best interests in mind, or even just to keep them safe from something that may unintentionally bring them harm, I struggle with a desire to be ever-present. Like I could somehow try to protect them from any danger they may face. But of course, the reality is, we can’t. I have to remind myself that our children first belong to God, and that we can entrust them to Him, every single day. Here’s 2 things we can believe are truth:
God is ever-present, constantly with them.
He loves them even more than we possibly could.
Obviously, it’s normal for parents to want to protect their kids. Where we need to be careful is here – we don’t want to allow our own fears of “what could happen” to so control us, that we allow that very anxiety and worry to slowly seep into our children’s hearts as well.
I wish I could say that if we just follow these words and prayers, nothing bad would ever happen to anyone we love. Of course we can’t know that. But we can be assured He is still with us, no matter who or what we encounter in this lifetime. And we can take action with these things, then leave the rest with Him.
Believe – in His power and strength to cover you and your loved ones. Our God is mightier than any evil force in this world. There is great power in prayer and in the Name of our Savior. He is your greatest Defender.
Trust – that He cares for you. For those you love. Every day. Constantly. Be assured, He is always with you. Many times, you may never even know the ways He has protected and shielded both you and your family from danger or illness.
Pray – God’s protection and safety over your family, over your home, over your coming and going. Pray back to God His very words of truth. They aren’t some kind of magic genie words, like if you just say them enough, or in the right way, everything will be happy and safe. But they are powerful, they are life-giving, because they are His words.
Teach – these words to your kids. You can’t always be with them, but you can empower them with words that they can pray and hold onto when they feel afraid.
15 Verses of Protection:
1. “He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.” He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart…He will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways..I will rescue those who love me, I will protect those who call on my name….” Psalm 91:1-2, 4, 11, 14
2. “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” Isaiah 41:10
3. “The Lord will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore.” Psalm 121:8
4. “The name of the Lord is a strong tower, the righteous runs into it, and is safe.” Proverbs 18:10
5. “But the Lord is faithful, and He will strengthen and protect you from the evil one.” 2 Thessalonians 3:3
6. “For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.” 2 Timothy 1:7
7. “For He Himself has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.” So we may boldly say: “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?” Hebrews 13:5-6
8. “My God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation. He is my stronghold, my refuge and my Savior — from violent men you save me. I call to the Lord, who is worthy of praise, and I am saved from my enemies.” 2 Samuel 22:3-4
9. “You are my hiding place; You shall preserve me from trouble; You shall surround me with songs of deliverance.” Psalm 32:7
10. “I will lie down and sleep in peace, for you alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety.” Psalm 4:8
11. “The Lord bless you and keep you, the Lord make His face shine on you, and be gracious to you, the Lord turn His face toward you and give you peace.” Numbers 6:24-26
12. “The fear of the Lord leads to life, and whoever has it rests satisfied; he will not be visited by harm.” Proverbs 19:23
13. “Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me…” Psalm 23:4
14. “…no weapon turned against you will succeed. You will silence every voice raised up to accuse you.” Isaiah 54:17
15. “God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.” Psalm 46:1
Every day we have to make choices of what we allow our minds to focus on:
I will not live in worry.
I will not walk in fear.
I will not give in to anxious thoughts.
I will trust in Him.
As parents, we can’t see everything, be everywhere, or know all that goes on each day in the lives of our kids, but God can. He sees, and knows, and is there. And we can trust Him to take care of our loved ones, even better than we can.
His hands are big. He is there. Always. Grace. Peace.
the lord has blessed you all and I am so pleased to see others happy GOD BLESS
Mickey & Joe says
Thank you Lord for your protection, prevention and provisions for our children.
Margaret Bolden says
Thank you for your help. May God Bless you in all you do.
Eric Quinones says
Thank you!!!! I have 3 daughters and we pray together, This was helpful God bless you.
JOYCE HASS says
You have been an oasis in the desert for me. Thank you Debbie, for reminding me of the Power & Truth of God. Great peace and refreshment, I have received and will carry on. God is always doing great things. He healed me of cancer,
my name is Joyce, but now He calls me “ReJoyce! He is bringing forth Restoration, Renewal and Fresh Rest in knowing His Truth. As You give out to others, may God pour out over you and your house.
This page has been a blessing for me and my children. I have been so fraught with worry it has been consuming my days and interrupting my ability to focus on the joy that is in being a mother. Thank you.
I thank God for knowing just what we need. I just happened upon this page looking for scriptures of prayer to pray over my family. Thank you for letting God use your voice to help others.
Cassandra Derrico says
I thank God for you and your encouraging words of wisdom and prayers to pray over my family. I was searching for scriptures to read for protection over my children and ran across your page. You have truly been a blessing to me. Continue to let God use you.
Grace Phiri says
I also than you today, l was also looking for scriptures for protection then come up with the this page, really may the Good Lord continue to bless you and reveal more to your life blessings to you and your family am so empowered, thank you
Thank you so much for this. I was at that point where I really needed to pray over my children and your page showed up. God bless you cuz this just lifted a burden off my chest…
Thank you for this. May God continue to shine His mighty light through you, so that you can continue to be a help for others. Bless you for taking the time to share and remind us all that no problem is too big for God, and all we need is faith, prayer, and belief in His power and His word.
I came across this page while I was in isolation from covid I was searching for scripture to read over my family for protection from this evil virus and found your page. I am so grateful that I clicked on your website it is and has been my saving Grace.
Thank you for allowing our Lord to use you.
Praise and Glory to our Amazing God for complete healing over me and His shield and protection over my family .
Thank you Jesus Thank you Father God Thank you Holy Spirit for all and Everything in my life
Oparachi chinwendu says
This page really helped ” I had a night mare, so I needed some verses for protection for family, and I bumped into this” am so relieved after reading those verses and channeled it to prayers. Thank u so much” God blessings upon you and ur household. Amen!!!!!
Joan | Prayer Bible Verse says
These are amazing Bible verses for family protection.
Thank you for sharing!
Vivian osazee- agbontaen says
This page has really blessed me and helped relieved my anxiety over protection of my children .it as well f you were talking directly to me in your explanation .God bless you for this.i stumbled on the his page as I can as looking for scriptures to pray over the protection plan for my children and family .pls I will need more of your messages and encouraging words.thanks for been a blessing tl
Thank you so much! I just came across this composite of scriptures for protection over my family. They are a blessing! God’s word is life, powerful, and health to our bones!
May God continue to bless and use you.
Thank you. I have been freed of my anxieties..
Thank you. God has used you this morning to break my fears for everything about my family. Your selected verses are so encouraging! May the good Lord continue to enrich you in His word. Amen.
Thank you for sharing this is so encouraging to hear this and the scripture that you sharing. Thank you!! 😊
Liliana Huante says
I shared these scriptures with my sisters in Christ and recited them back to my soul. Jesus is the way maker and he will carry us throughout all our trials. Thank you for your ministry.
I belive in our lord may he god bless you guys protected your families always
Joanne Nyanjah says
I’m a new believer and I’m getting very inspired and encouraged by reading this verses daily. I thank God so much for my family.